As we inch closer to Disneyland Paris' 25th anniversary in less than a year's time, updates continue to come to the parks. Here is a list of changes that have happened over the past few months.
1) A new Italian restaurant, Vapiano, is opening in Summer 2016 at Disney Village. If the prices and food quality stay the same as they are at the UK restaurants, this is going to be a fantastic addition to the resort. More from Disneyland Paris here.
2) A re-opening date as well as information on the refurbishment has been released for La Cabane des Robinson has been released - September 10, 2016.
3) Disneyland Paris advanced park tickets and parking prices went up. Read our article here.
4) An RFID-enabled MagicCard has debuted for testing at Disney's Newport Bay Club and Hotel New York. You can use it for entry into your room, proof of residence for breakfast, use your half-board and full-board meal coupons, access Extra Magic Hours (though park tickets are not yet integrated, so you need those separately), and use it as a form of payment by linking it to a debit or credit card. Information in French from ED92. As of 26th April, guests of Disney's Hotel Cheyenne were also testing the new card.
5) Photopass+ prices have increased. Now €59.99 for guests, and €49.99 for annual pass holders.
6) The characters that were available in the morning are once again gone from the Disney Hotels. They may re-appear during peak times.
7) A new CEO of Euro Disney has been announced, Catherine Powell with replace Tom Wolber in July 2016. Press release here.
8) Since April 16, 2016 the reservation system at Princess Pavilion is no longer in use. Guests will queue up to meet the Princesses with no reservation required.
9) Some of the newly refurbished rooms at Hotel Cheyenne have been unveiled courtesy of Disneyland Paris Treasures. They look fantastic.
10) ED92 tells us that the Disneyland Paris half Marathon has already been confirmed to return between September 22nd and 24th, 2017.
11) Ant-Man is to stop playing at the Discoveryland Theatre, with last showing on May 8th, 2016. Rumours say that the theatre will re-open with a Pixar Shorts Film Festival (like has been at EPCOT for months) on 2nd July.
12) The new show coming to Walt Disney Studios Park, Mickey and the Magician, will only be running for a limited time from 2nd July 2016 to 8th January 2017. Shows will be in both French and English.
13) According to the latest Times Guide, a few characters are moving at Disneyland Paris. Winnie the Pooh has moved to Fantasyland near the Tea Cups, and Donald/friends have moved to near Plaza Gardens.
14) Celebration badges have arrived at Disneyland Paris at City Hall and Studio services. Now you can celebrate any occasion with badges in English, French and Spanish. A great way to boost the guest experience.
That's it for this edition. Be sure to stick with Independent Guides for all the latest information on Disneyland Paris and beyond.