These following are plans which have been announced by Disneyland Paris - either publicly, to their shareholders, to Cast Members or by other means:
- Opening 2014: Walt Disney Studios is due to get a multi-year expansion all the way up to 2016 including several new attractions and possibly even a mass re-theming! The first of these attractions will be a ride based on the Paris-inspired“Ratatouille” film where you’ll be able to board cars that move around like rats and see a rat’s perspective on the world. A new restaurant will also be opening in this area along the same theme and there will be a small land created here based on a traditional paris square, complete with a fountain and possibly even cobbled paths.
- November 2014 - Disney characters disappear from the resort hotels.
- November 2014 - Chez Marianne shop opens in Place de Remy
- From 2015 to 2017: There will be a large scale refurbishment programme for ten major rides throughout both parks. This will mean:
- Space Mountain - Closed from January to June 2015 (confirmed)
- it's a small world - Closed from September to November 2015 (dates rumoured)
- Big Thunder Mountain - Closed from January 2016 to Christmas period 2016
- Star Tours II - Closed from January 2016 to some time in 2017 (attraction closure confirmed but with no set date)
- Animagique - Closed throughout 2016 (attraction closure confirmed but with no set date)
- Peter Pan's flight - Closed throughout 2016
- 2016: Villages Nature - water theme park area - set to open in late 2016By 2018: A new hotel is in talks to be built at the entrance of Walt Disney Studios, much in the same way the Disneyland Hotel marks the entrance to Disneyland Park.
These are plans which have been hinted at, discussed or seem likely based on current worldwide trends:
- 2015 - New Space Mountain trains - rumour "confirmed" here.
- 2014/2015 - Toy Story Midway Mania construction starts
- 2016 - Toon Studios is renamed to Pixar Studios
- Animagique may become a Pixar show still done in blacklight
- The Fantasyland dark rides will be updated with the projection effects used in Anaheim
Disneyland Paris has set out a 20-year plan ending in 2030 including developing a lot more land and a third theme park - read our in-depth analysis here.
Page last updated: 9th November 2014